At Conway-Markham Funeral Home & Cremation Services, we provide experiences that celebrate life. We know that togetherness and having a shared, uplifting service experience with family, friends, and neighbors help healing begin.
Overview of Funeral Services
Gathering, Visitation and Viewing
Explore Your Options
Here are some common examples of funeral services chosen most often by the family’s we serve. These services can be held over multiple days or can be accomplished on the same day if desired. We can tailor any of these options to meet your individual needs.
- Viewing or visitation hours, followed by the funeral service at church
- Viewing or visitation hours, followed by the funeral service in the funeral home chapel
- Viewing or visitation hours, followed by the graveside ceremony
- Church or chapel service, followed by graveside ceremony
- Graveside service, followed by memorial services
- Graveside service with no viewing or visitation
The church has meant so much to your family and your community. Perhaps you were dedicated there as an infant, baptized there as a child or celebrated your marriage there surrounded by family and friends. It only makes sense to involve your church family in your final life event of a funeral.
We believe in supporting the church as much as you do. That’s why; we specialize in hosting your funeral at your local church where you’ll be surrounded by the ones you love in a place familiar and dear to your heart.
Church funerals are typically scheduled in the morning, and are followed by the graveside committal service.
Chapel Services are popular with families whose loved one was not affiliated with a church at the time of their passing, families who are located outside of our area or those who may not be able to attend a lengthy church service.
When you choose to hold a service in our chapel, it eliminates the need to convert a visitation room for a funeral (like many of the other funeral homes in our area). This dedicated room features seating for over 100 guests, the latest in audio and video equipment and a welcoming décor.
Our beautiful, inviting chapel provides the perfect setting for services of any type.
Memorial Services and Life Celebrations
Many families are forgoing traditional services for more contemporary ones. A memorial service or life celebration service may be the perfect option to share memories of that special loved one. Typically, the casket is not present for these services and the service is held before or after the deceased is buried or entombed.
These services can be performed at a local restaurant, reception center, country club, hotel banquet facility, a family member’s home or even in a park. The possibilities are endless.
On and off-site reception services are becoming increasingly popular with the families we serve.
Memorable Tribute Services
Memory Tables and Memory Collages
Life Tribute Memorial Videos
Memorial Webcasting and Taping of Services
We can help you honor your military member with a flag ceremony, color guard, trumpeter or even a final gun salute. We work with all branches of the military and can make all the proper arrangements easily and efficiently.
In our region, many families inquire about the possibility of having loved ones buried on land they own. While it is possible, there are many considerations one must take into account. The include:
- Burial on private property does require registration with the local authorities as a cemetery. Permits and paperwork are required by law.
- Always consider future stewards of family land may not be as responsible as you are. If property is lost to foreclosure or a sale is forced during probate after the death of someone whose affairs are not in order, you could lose the land on which your ancestors are buried or scattered.
- Eminent domain is when a government may seize private property with proper compensation, but without the owner’s consent. This has become more common in our region due to pipeline construction and other projects. As our region develops, it is worth considering what would happen if your property was designated to be in the path of such a project.
- Already established cemeteries are usually not affected by factors listed above. If you need help contacting regional cemeteries for pricing and arrangements, Conway-Markham is available to help you.